You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Received call from 1-800 stating iCloud account was breached

is this call possibly legit? or most likely a scam?

just received a call from 1-866-7**-5**9, saying my account has had a security event and my icloud account has been breached/locked (not sure which i wasn't paying close enough attention), it advised not to perform an financial transactions etc... on my phone... seemed legit but i don't trust those kinds of calls, so i thought i'd contact support directly and it seems when i searched on apple site, this is where i got to... this seems like a community site (not apple support directly) so i guess if anyone has received tone of these calls and/or if anyone knows a way to verify my account?

thanks for any feedback

[Edited by Moderator]

iPhone 8, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 27, 2020 8:18 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2020 8:23 AM

Hey rowrowderby,

First of all, don’t panic mate. The best thing you can do here is that contact Apple Support on the following link.

https://getsupport.apple.com/?caller=home&PRKEYS=

It’s better to do a live chat or phone call rather than an email. Not sure if it is real.

Always ready to help,

Arnav

4 replies

Received call from 1-800 stating iCloud account was breached

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.