You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Impossible to change orientation with small dimensions.

The dimensions are 21 mm x 60 mm. I can't change the document from portrait to landscape and vice versa.

Posted on Apr 28, 2020 9:19 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2020 10:26 AM

Try this:

Open a new Pages document, use Page Setup to set the size to your current Custom size.

In Page Setup, rename the custom setup to include an indication of its orientation.

Duplicate that custom size, and rename to indicate the other orientation, then exchange the position of the long and short dimensions.

Here are the two settings as created on my Page Setup dialogue:

In use, choose the one that suits your current need.

Note: Using my (earlier) version of pages, I do get a choice of Portrait or Landscape orientation in Page Setup. Because Page Setup applies the dimension labeled "Width" to the horizontal edges of the paper and "Height" to the vertical edges when set to Portrait, the first custom size will show the expected orientations, but the second will show the opposite of what was chosen.

Regards,

Barry

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 28, 2020 10:26 AM in response to scrutinizer82

Try this:

Open a new Pages document, use Page Setup to set the size to your current Custom size.

In Page Setup, rename the custom setup to include an indication of its orientation.

Duplicate that custom size, and rename to indicate the other orientation, then exchange the position of the long and short dimensions.

Here are the two settings as created on my Page Setup dialogue:

In use, choose the one that suits your current need.

Note: Using my (earlier) version of pages, I do get a choice of Portrait or Landscape orientation in Page Setup. Because Page Setup applies the dimension labeled "Width" to the horizontal edges of the paper and "Height" to the vertical edges when set to Portrait, the first custom size will show the expected orientations, but the second will show the opposite of what was chosen.

Regards,

Barry

Impossible to change orientation with small dimensions.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.