You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dark round spot on the screen after I installed IOS 13.4.1

Hi everyone

today I downloaded and installed IOS13.4.1 on my wife’s iPhone XR. After an uneventful download, a dark black spot appeared on the screen. I hv tried restore also but to no avail. Pl help😒

iPhone XR

Posted on Apr 29, 2020 10:30 AM

2 replies

Apr 30, 2020 1:04 PM in response to aseem209

Hello aseem209,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. I understand that there is a dark spot appearing on the display of your wife's iPhone XR. Good thinking trying to restore the iPhone. 

Based on this information, you can begin isolating the issue by taking a screenshot of one of the screens where you can easily see the spot. Send the screenshot over to your iPhone and see if it's visible in the screenshot. 

If it's not visible in the screenshot, the issue may be coming from the display itself. If this is the case, you'll want to Contact Apple Support for more assistance.

If the spot is visible in the screenshot, this is likely to be coming from an app or the iOS on the iPhone. If this is the case, does the spot change locations? Does it appear in all apps or only certain ones?

All the best.

Dark round spot on the screen after I installed IOS 13.4.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.