You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I see the Raw photo of my imported Raw and JPEG pairs?

I imported twenty RAW Jand PEG pairs from my Lumix camera, but I am only seeing the JPG version in Photos, with a "J" badge in the corner. Where are my RAW files?

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Apr 30, 2020 2:47 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2020 2:50 AM

Photos is stacking the RAW &JPEG pairs as one photo. It is using the JPEG as the original file by default, but you can change this in the Image menu and switch to the RAW file as the original, see: Photos for Mac: Importing Raw and JPEG pairs, Catalina Version

6 replies

Apr 30, 2020 2:56 AM in response to mirka1234

I posted the wrong link, see: Changes to the handling of RAW&JPEG pairs - Apple Community

. In Photos 5 we can now simply select the thumbnails of all RAW&JPEG pairs at once and use the command "Image > Use RAW as original" and be done with it.

But there seems still to be a bug. If we managed to import a RAW file in a format, that is not supported in macOS 10.15, and include this RAW&JPEG pair in the selection for "Use RAW as Original",

How can I see the Raw photo of my imported Raw and JPEG pairs?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.