You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i can't reset my iPhone

I have an iPhone sx max and the back of the phone cracked when that happened my screen went black. i am unable to set my phone back to factory. i want to train my phone in. i also went to iCloud.com to take my phone off find my phone. i also tried on iTunes to restore my iphone and is says "Go to iCloud Settings on your iPhone and turn off Find My iPhone before restoring your iPhone." My find my iPhone is off already. I don't know what to do and i have been trying fo clear it for 2 days

Posted on Apr 30, 2020 5:46 AM

1 reply

Apr 30, 2020 6:15 AM in response to RichardJWolfle

You will have to do it from the device only.

If Find My [device] isn't turned on on your damaged / missing device

If you didn't turn on Find My [device] before your device was lost / damaged or stolen, it can't be used to locate your device.

But you can use these steps to help protect your data:

1. Change your Apple ID password. By changing your Apple ID password, you can prevent anyone from accessing your iCloud data or using other services (such as iMessage or iTunes) from your missing device.
  2. Change the passwords for other internet accounts on your device. This can include email accounts, Facebook, or Twitter.
  3. Report your lost or stolen device to local law enforcement. Law enforcement might request the serial number of your device. Find your device serial number.
  4. Report your lost or stolen device to your wireless carrier. Your carrier can disable the account, preventing phone calls, texts, and data use.
  5. Remove your lost or stolen device from your list of trusted devices.

Find My [device] is the only way that you can track or locate a damaged / lost or missing device. If Find My [device] isn't enabled on your device before it was damaged, there's no other Apple service that can find, track, or flag your device for you.

Turn on Find My [device]

1. Open the Settings app and select [your name].
  2. Choose Find My, then select Find My [device] and turn on Find My [device].
  3. To see your device even when it's offline, turn on Enable Offline Finding.
  4. To have the location of your device sent to us when the battery is low, turn on Send Last Location.

If your Apple Watch and your AirPods are paired with your device, they're automatically set up when you turn on Find My [device].

• You still see a black screen after charging, force restarting, following the steps in this article.
  • You see a black screen, but you can hear alerts, sounds, and vibrations.
  • The screen remains black, but the device chirps when you unmute it and connect it to power.
  • Your screen is on, but it doesn't respond when you tap, slide, or try other gestures. 
  • You can't force your device to restart because a button is broken or stuck.
  • Your device is stuck on the Apple logo, displays a solid color, or isn't recognized in iTunes.

Contact Apple Support to set up service if you have any of the above issues:

i can't reset my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.