You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Old IPad Trouble

I cannot seem to activate my old iPad. It keeps coming up with an error saying, “Your iPad could not be activated because the activation server is temporarily unavailable. Try connecting your iPad to iTunes to activate it, or try again in a couple of minutes. If this problem persists, contact Apple Support at apple.com/support.” I have tried pressing “try again” several times. It is connected to the WIFI and I tried pressing “connect to iTunes” but it still gave me the error. I have also tried turning it off and back on. I’m not sure what generation iPad this is, but it is pretty old and hasn’t been used in a long time.

Posted on Apr 30, 2020 10:28 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2020 1:04 PM

Hello,

You will need to call Apple for assistance.

Contact AppleCare

2 replies

May 9, 2020 2:17 PM in response to _m_a_r_i_a_

This happened to me. My solution was removing the SIM card. I didn't even know I had a SIM card, I had only ever used it with WiFi. I popped the SIM holder with a paper clip end and just removed the old SIM card. Nothing else worked, including a frustrating call with Apple Support. "Activation" was failing via WiFi (server error) and via iTunes (connection to device error). I thought I was screwed until I removed the SIM card.

Old IPad Trouble

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.