You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adding podcasts to iPod from new Mac without syncing entire iPod

I recently bought a MacBook Pro (2019) and I want to update the podcasts on my iPod nano (7th generation 16GB). I don't want to lose the music I already have on it. When connected to my MacBook Pro, I ticked the Options in the General tab called 'manually manage music etc.', but when I go to the Podcast tab I can only tick on the 'sync' option. When I do that it prompts that it will sync all my music, and I don't want that. Everything else is greyed out, so is there a way to update my podcasts without losing all my other music content?

I asked this question two weeks ago as well (22/4), but the answer was no good (referred me to a page on how you can sync your iPod, duh, that's NOT what I'm after, I just want to upload recent podcasts, without it automatically syncing my entire iPod, and thus deleting the music I currently have on it...). Hope this goes better....

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 30, 2020 2:18 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2020 3:27 PM

Hello,

You must fully synchronize your iPod if you would like to add new podcasts to it. Regardless if that’s the answer you want to hear or not it is what you have to do.

Similar questions

1 reply

Adding podcasts to iPod from new Mac without syncing entire iPod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.