You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I forgot my mail password and can only recieve emails, can someone help me with this issue please

I forgot my mail password and can only receive emails, can someone help me with this issue please?

MacBook

Posted on May 3, 2020 1:16 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 4, 2020 3:22 AM

To reset your password, visit xfinity.com/password. Soon afterwards, Mail should prompt you for the new one.

If it still isn't working properly, the simplest solution is to remove and reinstate the account. Go to System Preferences > Internet Accounts, select your Comcast account, and click the Delete (minus) button underneath to remove it. Then click the Add (+) button and choose Add Other Account > Mail Account to put it back afresh. Refer to How to Set Up Your Comcast Email Address with an Email Program for any settings you're unsure of.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 4, 2020 3:22 AM in response to OleTimerU

To reset your password, visit xfinity.com/password. Soon afterwards, Mail should prompt you for the new one.

If it still isn't working properly, the simplest solution is to remove and reinstate the account. Go to System Preferences > Internet Accounts, select your Comcast account, and click the Delete (minus) button underneath to remove it. Then click the Add (+) button and choose Add Other Account > Mail Account to put it back afresh. Refer to How to Set Up Your Comcast Email Address with an Email Program for any settings you're unsure of.

I forgot my mail password and can only recieve emails, can someone help me with this issue please

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.