You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can i backup iphone SE 2020 to a mac running mojave?

as it says in the title - I usually back up my iPhone 7 to iTunes but dont know if mw new iPhone SE will backup in the same way (have had problems with initial setup saying i need to update to catalina)

not wanting to update to catalina until the end of academic year as i am using some apps not supported under it apparently

iPhone SE

Posted on May 3, 2020 4:39 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 3, 2020 8:41 AM

The tech specs for the iPhone SE state:

System Requirements:

• Apple ID (required for some features)
  • Internet access

Syncing to a Mac or PC requires:

• macOS Catalina 10.15 using the Finder
  • macOS El Capitan 10.11.6 through macOS Mojave 10.14.6 using iTunes 12.8 or later
  • Windows 7 or later using iTunes 12.10 or later (free download from itunes.com/download)

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 3, 2020 8:41 AM in response to mystery_guest

The tech specs for the iPhone SE state:

System Requirements:

• Apple ID (required for some features)
  • Internet access

Syncing to a Mac or PC requires:

• macOS Catalina 10.15 using the Finder
  • macOS El Capitan 10.11.6 through macOS Mojave 10.14.6 using iTunes 12.8 or later
  • Windows 7 or later using iTunes 12.10 or later (free download from itunes.com/download)

May 6, 2020 8:27 AM in response to mystery_guest

If I hadn't been quite so worried that the 'Install' option on the error message I saw would install Catalina, I would have been sorted by now!

A very lovely gentleman from AppleCare in Texas sorted me out - I did need to hit 'Install' where it said in the error message - it was an update to iTunes that was needed and that is what it did.

All now seems to be well and I am sorry for raising the question here - many thanks to Ferd II and VikingOSX for their help :-)

can i backup iphone SE 2020 to a mac running mojave?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.