You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad shuts down as soon as removed from charging cable.

Hello,

My iPad mysteriously start to shut down even though the battery shows it is 100% charged. The power button won't turn it on and only comes to life after I plug in the charging cable, then I can use it as long as the charging cable I plugged in but as soon as I take out the charging cable it shuts down, sometimes in 4-5 seconds.

The iPad is 2 years old, is there a way to find out what exactly is the issue? is this the battery issue? OS issue?

please help

iPad (6th gen) WiFi

Posted on May 3, 2020 11:05 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 3, 2020 11:33 PM

I suggest contacting/reaching out to Apple Product support and services.

Tap on the first link below and scroll down some to get to the Apple Product Support section and phone numbers for your location/region.

https://www.apple.com/contact/

OR

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201232

Best of Luck to You!

3 replies

May 17, 2020 8:22 PM in response to ztauseef

OK, I have done some more diagnoses, which basically meant that I tried to get my head around as to why my iPad which was working fine all of a sudden has developed this behaviour. Also I tried to contact Apple support via phone but couldn't get through to them.

So iPad as I said earlier works fine if connected to the power supply but shuts down soon after the cable is removed. However I have noticed that if an app is running e.g. currently the iPad is off the cable but I have angry birds app on and running then the iPad don't shutdown, it is actually when I switch apps or go to home screen or use the power or home button that iPads shuts down...

any thoughts guys?

The battery is also draining as usual while I run these apps. do you think it is a good idea to fully drain the battery, recharge full and see what happens?

iPad shuts down as soon as removed from charging cable.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.