You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

sharing a pages document for collaboration doesn't work

it should work because idrive is activated and Pages is added to the apps that use idrive + the document is saved in icloud, yet after hitting the "share" button the system stalls and I can't enter an e-mail address ...

when using the 'copy link' option, I can enter an e-mail address before clicking "share" but then again: nothing happens ...

thx for your help

iMac 21.5", macOS 10.15

Posted on May 4, 2020 1:13 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 4, 2020 5:12 AM

I suggest that you [re]read the Share and Collaborate section of the Pages User Guide. You may have missed something in that content that will clarify why it is not working for you.

4 replies

May 8, 2020 1:00 AM in response to VikingOSX

thx, I reread, got no new info but maybe I found sthg., because the

sample picture from the User Guide (which I show in the next post to not exceed the 5000 character limit in this) shows nothing at the the left bottom (left of the 2 buttons on the right) --

but when I try to share there is my apple-ID e-mail address in light grey letters left of the 2 buttons 'Teilen' =

'Share'

May 12, 2020 5:02 AM in response to spiriou

after discovering that I can share old documents I might have found the reason but unfortunately can't get it solved alone:

the upload into icloud never gets completed

in the end it's always: "5,4 MB of 5,4 MB are being uploaded"with the blue line altmost at the end but then it stops until I do get a failure message

sharing a pages document for collaboration doesn't work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.