You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac Display

My imac has a blue line that runs down the screen and does not go away despite restarting and it cannot be seen in a bright background but when the computer starts up on the black screen it can be seen clearly also i have tried to screenshot the line but it does not show up.

How can i fix this?

Posted on May 4, 2020 7:25 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 4, 2020 7:34 AM

If the line doesn't show up in a screenshot then it's a problem with the display, rather than the GPU, That's because a screenshot comes directly off the GPU, bypassing the display. It may be fine crack in the display? At any rate it sounds like something you can live with pretty easily. If not you'll need to take it/send it in for repair.

You might try an SMC reset:

How to reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 4, 2020 7:34 AM in response to mashfiq113

If the line doesn't show up in a screenshot then it's a problem with the display, rather than the GPU, That's because a screenshot comes directly off the GPU, bypassing the display. It may be fine crack in the display? At any rate it sounds like something you can live with pretty easily. If not you'll need to take it/send it in for repair.

You might try an SMC reset:

How to reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support

iMac Display

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.