You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question Mark when starting up

So I have issues when starting up my MacBook Pro. I have had it since 2012 so I know this may not be able to be saved.

ive seen similar articles about recovery mode and disk utility however I’m getting nowhere.

Hard drive or Start up disk deleted maybe or not working. I’m unsure.

This is what I see, when I load up disk Utility and when I try to chose start up disk.

iPhone XS Max, iOS 13

Posted on May 5, 2020 10:01 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 5, 2020 10:24 AM

Gemmael wrote:

So I have issues when starting up my MacBook Pro. I have had it since 2012 so I know this may not be able to be saved.

ive seen similar articles about recovery mode and disk utility however I’m getting nowhere.

This is what I see, when I load up disk Utility and when I try to chose start up disk.

If your Mac starts up to a question mark

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204323

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 5, 2020 10:24 AM in response to Gemmael

Gemmael wrote:

If your Mac starts up to a question mark

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204323

Question Mark when starting up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.