You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

entering a new contact doesn't allow facetime access

After entering a new contact (name and mobile number only) it doesn't allow facetime access

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 2nd Gen, Wi-Fi, Cell

Posted on May 5, 2020 10:46 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 6, 2020 10:54 AM

Hello len245,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. I understand that entering a new contact doesn't allow to use FaceTime and will do what I can to help.

Make sure the type of number is set to 'iPhone' next to the number you want to FaceTime with: Add and use contact information on iPhone

Also, be sure the contact you're adding has FaceTime set up: Use FaceTime with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Have a great day.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 6, 2020 10:54 AM in response to len245

Hello len245,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. I understand that entering a new contact doesn't allow to use FaceTime and will do what I can to help.

Make sure the type of number is set to 'iPhone' next to the number you want to FaceTime with: Add and use contact information on iPhone

Also, be sure the contact you're adding has FaceTime set up: Use FaceTime with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Have a great day.

entering a new contact doesn't allow facetime access

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.