You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sound on Bluetooth headphones music only

All of the sudden I can not get sound for a phone call on my Bluetooth headphones...only music. Anyone know how to fix this problem?

iPhone 8

Posted on May 6, 2020 8:55 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 7, 2020 8:01 AM

Hello Ksdrell,

I understand you have no sound on calls when using your Bluetooth headset even though you get sound when playing music. I'd like to help you out with this.

Do you get sound on calls when not using that headset? Test it out if you haven't already. If you don't get sound on calls even when your Bluetooth headset is disconnected, try out the steps here: If you hear no sound or distorted sound from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch speaker.

If you get sound on calls without the Bluetooth headset, try out these steps next:

1. Update to the latest version of iOS: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
  2. Toggle Bluetooth off and back on. Make sure this is done in Settings > Bluetooth, and not in Control Center.
  3. Restart your iPhone
  4. Restart your Bluetooth headset.
  5. Test out your iPhone out with a different Bluetooth accessory. This would help narrow things down.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 7, 2020 8:01 AM in response to Ksdrell

Hello Ksdrell,

I understand you have no sound on calls when using your Bluetooth headset even though you get sound when playing music. I'd like to help you out with this.

Do you get sound on calls when not using that headset? Test it out if you haven't already. If you don't get sound on calls even when your Bluetooth headset is disconnected, try out the steps here: If you hear no sound or distorted sound from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch speaker.

If you get sound on calls without the Bluetooth headset, try out these steps next:

1. Update to the latest version of iOS: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
  2. Toggle Bluetooth off and back on. Make sure this is done in Settings > Bluetooth, and not in Control Center.
  3. Restart your iPhone
  4. Restart your Bluetooth headset.
  5. Test out your iPhone out with a different Bluetooth accessory. This would help narrow things down.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care.

Sound on Bluetooth headphones music only

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.