You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

icloud backup - iphone

My iPhone has started to report that it has not been backed up in several weeks, stating that I don't have enough space in my iCloud storage. I cleared out my iCloud storage and have ~2.5Gb free. However, my iPhone still reports that I don't have enough space for the backup (i normally charge it overnight, so it should automatically do so . My ipad reported it last back up was yesterday, so i don't know what is going on with my iphone. Is there anything i can do to get it backing itself up again?

With thanks in advance

Alastair

iPhone SE, iOS 13

Posted on May 8, 2020 12:11 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 9, 2020 1:36 PM

Hello adewar1979,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

I understand that you are getting a message that there isn't enough free space in your iCloud storage to back up your iPhone. I would recommend taking a look at the following support article to address issues backing up to iCloud:

If you can't back up to iCloud or restore from iCloud backup failed - Apple Support

Best regards.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 9, 2020 1:36 PM in response to adewar1979

Hello adewar1979,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

I understand that you are getting a message that there isn't enough free space in your iCloud storage to back up your iPhone. I would recommend taking a look at the following support article to address issues backing up to iCloud:

If you can't back up to iCloud or restore from iCloud backup failed - Apple Support

Best regards.

icloud backup - iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.