You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Setting up a VPN

I am looking at changing my MacBook to a iPad Pro new, but I currently run a work VPN on my MacBook. Can I setup a VPN on a iPad Pro?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 13

Posted on May 10, 2020 12:48 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 10, 2020 1:04 AM

Yes you can, either manually using IKEv2, IPSec or L2TP - of for other VPN protocols (e.g., OpenVPN) via an App plug-in.

Some VPN providers also have matching Apps for their services with may add some additional bells and whistles (such as “always on” or rule-based triggering by network) - or other extensions such as SecureDNS, DoH and DoT by way of a DNS stub-resolver.

In summary, you have simple “native” VPN client support (adequate for many) and access to more advanced services if you desire.

Hope you this provides a helpful and comprehensive answer.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 10, 2020 1:04 AM in response to colin113

Yes you can, either manually using IKEv2, IPSec or L2TP - of for other VPN protocols (e.g., OpenVPN) via an App plug-in.

Some VPN providers also have matching Apps for their services with may add some additional bells and whistles (such as “always on” or rule-based triggering by network) - or other extensions such as SecureDNS, DoH and DoT by way of a DNS stub-resolver.

In summary, you have simple “native” VPN client support (adequate for many) and access to more advanced services if you desire.

Hope you this provides a helpful and comprehensive answer.

Setting up a VPN

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.