You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can you download music with your iCloud music library turned off?

its been two weeks now i can only stream music I can not download music for offline use I don’t even see the add ➕ button all it shows is iCloud music library is turned off and that won’t let me add music to my library

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on May 10, 2020 4:34 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 10, 2020 4:47 AM

Download music from Apple Music to your iPhone

• Download a song, album or playlist: Tap  after adding music.
  • Note: You must turn on Sync Library to download music from Apple Music to your library (go to Settings  > Music, then turn on Sync Library).
  • Always download music: Go to Settings > Music, then turn on Automatic Downloads.
  • Songs you add are automatically downloaded to iPhone.
  • See download progress: On the Library screen, tap Downloaded Music, then tap Downloading.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 10, 2020 4:47 AM in response to olutia

Download music from Apple Music to your iPhone

• Download a song, album or playlist: Tap  after adding music.
  • Note: You must turn on Sync Library to download music from Apple Music to your library (go to Settings  > Music, then turn on Sync Library).
  • Always download music: Go to Settings > Music, then turn on Automatic Downloads.
  • Songs you add are automatically downloaded to iPhone.
  • See download progress: On the Library screen, tap Downloaded Music, then tap Downloading.

May 10, 2020 2:31 PM in response to apfelkopf

Thanks I tried to turn on the iCloud music library but it keeps turning it self off automatically and then when I try downloading something pops up like your iCloud music library is off have tried everything to get it back on again even resetting the phone but it’s all failed that’s what it says every time even after resetting the settings and resetting the phone itself I still can’t get it on

Can you download music with your iCloud music library turned off?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.