You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to move photos from all items on mac

I have a question i'm hoping someone can help answer.

On the photos app I have created separate folders so I could organize all of my photos out of the "All Items" folder they automatically go into after I take a picture.

I have been moving photos over to their correct folder, but they are also staying in the "All Items folder" (so instead of moving the picture it's just adding it to the folder I'm moving it to).

I don't want to just duplicate a bunch of pictures if they are still going to just stay in the "All Items" folder and in the folder I created for them.

Is there any way to move the pictures so they are out of the "All Items" folder?

I've tried the consolidating and importing but that does not work.

I'm really hoping there is a way to do this so I can have my pictures organized and have the "All items" folder cleaned out.

Posted on May 11, 2020 1:29 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 11, 2020 1:43 PM

If I understand you correctly, you are not creating duplicates. Images in folders are only pointers, not copies of the original images. Not only that, but you cannot delete images from the Apple Supplied library views without deleting the images from the library. You can have images in as many folders as you like, with only a token increase in library size.

Now if this All Items folder is not in Photos, it is a different story.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 11, 2020 1:43 PM in response to Jmaekin

If I understand you correctly, you are not creating duplicates. Images in folders are only pointers, not copies of the original images. Not only that, but you cannot delete images from the Apple Supplied library views without deleting the images from the library. You can have images in as many folders as you like, with only a token increase in library size.

Now if this All Items folder is not in Photos, it is a different story.

How to move photos from all items on mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.