You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unrecognised password for Apple ID on a new Macbook Air

Just bought a new MacBook Air to replace an existing MacBook Air that I am giving to my Daughter. When trying to set up my new MacBook the App Store asked me to adopt 5 Apps (standard Apple apps). The App Store then asked me to enter my User Name and Password to verify the process. I did this and got a message saying it was not correct. I have tried several times without success and have tried changing my password - again without success. Everything still works okay on my ole machine. Any ideas?

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on May 11, 2020 6:03 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 12, 2020 5:50 PM

Thanks Eric. Ended up contacting Apple Support and found it was an issues with the system software version being more recent than the Apps recognised. I had to delete the Apps and then reinstall them which fixed the issue.

3 replies

Unrecognised password for Apple ID on a new Macbook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.