You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i want to disable two factor authentication feature to able to use legacy iphone, ipad products without any hassle, what can i do?

as question says, if theres any possible option or solution, let me know! thanks everyone..

iPhone SE, iOS 13

Posted on May 12, 2020 6:47 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 12, 2020 6:52 AM

If 2 factor authentication has been on for more than 14 days, then it cannot be turned off, however, 2 Factor Authentication is tied to your Apple ID not your devices directly, it has no bearing on any physical product you may want to use with your iPhone or iPad.

What exactly are you trying to do, what do you mean by "legacy products"?

2 factor authentication should be transparent in every day use of the device. It should only come up when trying to sign in to an iOS device for the first time, or logging into iCloud through a browser that has not been used before.

It will not stop you from using any apps, or physical devices with the iPad or iPhone in any way.

It has no effect on any other things you may do with the iPhone.

9 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 12, 2020 6:52 AM in response to Wizergdo

If 2 factor authentication has been on for more than 14 days, then it cannot be turned off, however, 2 Factor Authentication is tied to your Apple ID not your devices directly, it has no bearing on any physical product you may want to use with your iPhone or iPad.

What exactly are you trying to do, what do you mean by "legacy products"?

2 factor authentication should be transparent in every day use of the device. It should only come up when trying to sign in to an iOS device for the first time, or logging into iCloud through a browser that has not been used before.

It will not stop you from using any apps, or physical devices with the iPad or iPhone in any way.

It has no effect on any other things you may do with the iPhone.

May 13, 2020 6:26 AM in response to Wizergdo

Again, 2 Factor authentication is tied to your Apple ID, it has nothing to do with your phone #.

You cannot reset your phone #. That is defined by your carrier. Thy provide the number, only they can reset it.

The only time you should be asked for the code is if you are logging in to iCloud. You can choose to trust the browser you are signing in with if you don't want to be asked for the code every time when using that browser.

See here: Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

When you sign in on the web, you can choose to trust your browser, so

you won’t be asked for a verification code the next time you sign in

from that computer.

May 12, 2020 8:06 AM in response to Eric Root

My main concern is, when im using a different web browser, I get this annoying pop up requesting my phone to "allow access on this location" i personally like the extra security measure, but not entering it every time, there has to be a way to remember my device, anyways So for now I guess the only possible way to turn it off is by having to reset my phone # and password asap. Am I right?

i want to disable two factor authentication feature to able to use legacy iphone, ipad products without any hassle, what can i do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.