You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Activate FaceTime on iPhone 6 remotely for an elderly person

My mom is 85 and I want to FaceTime with her, but she is totally lost with the phone I sent her. With Covid crisis a store visit is not a good idea, nor sending a friend to help her. She can answer a call, but lost past that. I tried to activate online with her Apple ID. The phone number and IMEI are registered. On my end I get a ? in the video box and it doesn't go through on her end.

Can I activate FaceTime with her Apple ID online? I registered my iPad to her Apple ID account to test, and the iPad rings. Unfortunately I'm a thousand miles away from her. Installing another calling app is impossible for her.

Is there anything I can do remotely for FaceTime?

Thanks from a desperate daughter :-)

iPhone 6

Posted on May 12, 2020 11:31 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 12, 2020 11:36 AM

It has to be activated on the phone. In Settings/FaceTime, is FaceTime turned on? Is she signed in with her Apple ID? Does she have the You Can Be Reached By FaceTime At addresses checked?

1 reply

Activate FaceTime on iPhone 6 remotely for an elderly person

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.