You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes erased all my music

I have an iPhone XR and just downloaded iTunes yesterday and now all my music is gone. This is all my music that I've had for more than 30 years. I understand that if it is not on iTunes, that it gets erased.

Well, I want my music back. I'm horrified and seriously upset. I had no idea this would happen. How do I get all my music back?

Posted on May 13, 2020 7:19 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 13, 2020 9:50 AM

Where and how was your music stored before you download iTunes (on your computer)? See the "Switch to another iTunes library" section in:

Switch libraries with the Music app or Apple TV app in macOS Catalina - Apple Support

to see if the iTunes library has been moved to another location. Or see:

Use multiple iTunes libraries on PC - Apple Support

ion you use a PC.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 13, 2020 9:50 AM in response to Catniss1971

Where and how was your music stored before you download iTunes (on your computer)? See the "Switch to another iTunes library" section in:

Switch libraries with the Music app or Apple TV app in macOS Catalina - Apple Support

to see if the iTunes library has been moved to another location. Or see:

Use multiple iTunes libraries on PC - Apple Support

ion you use a PC.

iTunes erased all my music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.