You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No more iTunes, new Music program does not recognize iPod Touch

Ever since iTunes disappeared in these new versions of Mac OS Catalina, I have not been able to synch or update my iPod Touch. The Music program doesn't even recognize the iPod as plugged in. What do I need to do to use my iPod properly?

iPod, iOS 12

Posted on May 13, 2020 8:16 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 13, 2020 11:54 AM

Hello,

Please refer to the following Apple Support document.

Use the Finder to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer - Apple Support

4 replies

May 14, 2020 1:41 PM in response to QuickPost

Hello, thank you very much. Unfortunately, this does nothing. There is no iPod icon in a new Finder window. So there must be some other problem. I have tried to restore factory settings, but nothing seems to happen (it goes black, an Apple logo comes up, then everything's back to normal, in no time at all). Anything else I should try?

No more iTunes, new Music program does not recognize iPod Touch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.