You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I reuse part of my recent iMovie (introduction and closing) in future videos?

Hello, I recently created my first video in iMovie 10.1.9. I would like to reuse parts of this movie (introduction and closing) again in future videos. The introduction I created has text and graphics that are overlayed over video and photos. I can find the raw original clips I used but would like to not have to recreate the introduction again from scratch. Is there a way to access the introduction I created in my first movie and copy those files into a new video? Where would I find these files? Thanks for your help!

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on May 13, 2020 1:25 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 13, 2020 1:35 PM

Hi,

Open your original project. Do an Edit/Select All, Edit/Copy, of the media in the project. Then create a new project and do an Edit/Paste of the media that you copied. All of the media will be pasted into the new project's timeline and your edits will carry over. Then delete the middle portion of the project clips from the timeline, leaving only the beginning and end clips that you want. Close the project and label it something like Introduction and Ending. When you do future projects you can go back to your Introduction and Ending project and Edit/Copy what you want to re-use in the new projects, and do an Edit/Paste to place them in the new project's timeline.

-- Rich

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 13, 2020 1:35 PM in response to gardenjardin

Hi,

Open your original project. Do an Edit/Select All, Edit/Copy, of the media in the project. Then create a new project and do an Edit/Paste of the media that you copied. All of the media will be pasted into the new project's timeline and your edits will carry over. Then delete the middle portion of the project clips from the timeline, leaving only the beginning and end clips that you want. Close the project and label it something like Introduction and Ending. When you do future projects you can go back to your Introduction and Ending project and Edit/Copy what you want to re-use in the new projects, and do an Edit/Paste to place them in the new project's timeline.

-- Rich

May 13, 2020 2:04 PM in response to Rich839

Rich,

Thank you! Appreciate you taking the time to answer my question and your quick reply. I followed your instructions and was able to copy the files and create a new project called introduction and ending.

The video, text, and audio are not completely lining up like the original introduction but all the info is there and with a little tweeking think I can adjust it to just like the original.

This was my first time asking a question on apple discussion board and I had a great experience. Thank you again for your help!

How can I reuse part of my recent iMovie (introduction and closing) in future videos?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.