You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 13.4.1 Crashes, Hanging, Freezing, random restarts

I'm having this really frustrating issue where my iPhone 8 plus (which was working PERFECTLY for months, until two days ago) hangs or crashes apps, freezes, etc. I cannot even force quit apps because the whole device becomes an unresponsive mess where scrolling and swiping loses its usual motion. The phone doesn't even respond to holding the power button for a shut down, it just restarts by itself when the crashes occur. All of this happened after updating to 13.4.1, beforehand the experience was great and now is completely ruined. Resetting many settings have not helped and I do not wish to factory reset my phone because of an update. Anybody have alternative solutions?

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on May 15, 2020 12:52 PM

1 reply

May 16, 2020 11:03 AM in response to The_Saife

Hello The_Saife,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

I understand from your post that after updating your iPhone 8 Plus software you are experiencing issues with your iPhone hanging, apps crashing and freezing. This article has suggestions on what to do if your iPhone is freezing which you may find helpful:

About iOS performance on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Best Regards.

iOS 13.4.1 Crashes, Hanging, Freezing, random restarts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.