You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Application folder

my application folder got deleted and i do not know how to put it back. every time i wanna download someone it tells me to put it there but i do not have the folder.

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on May 16, 2020 1:06 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 16, 2020 2:20 AM

What do you mean deleted, deleted from where.

If you had actually deleted your Application folder you would not be able to run any Applications.

If you can run any Applications then you have not deleted your Applications folder.

Do you really mean you have deleted the Applications icon from the Dock or

have deleted the applications icon from your Finder Sidebar.

Double-click on Macintosh HD (or whatever you have called your Disk) on your Desktop and you should be able to see the Applications folder icon, drag it down into the right hand side of the Dock near to the Trash icon.

If you removed it from the Sidebar then just click and drag the Applications folder icon into the Sidebar.

If you do not have the icon for Macintosh HD or the name you gave the Disk, just click on the Desktop

click on Finder in the menubar and then select Preferences> General and under

Show these items in the Desktop select Hard Disks.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 16, 2020 2:20 AM in response to stephiperez

What do you mean deleted, deleted from where.

If you had actually deleted your Application folder you would not be able to run any Applications.

If you can run any Applications then you have not deleted your Applications folder.

Do you really mean you have deleted the Applications icon from the Dock or

have deleted the applications icon from your Finder Sidebar.

Double-click on Macintosh HD (or whatever you have called your Disk) on your Desktop and you should be able to see the Applications folder icon, drag it down into the right hand side of the Dock near to the Trash icon.

If you removed it from the Sidebar then just click and drag the Applications folder icon into the Sidebar.

If you do not have the icon for Macintosh HD or the name you gave the Disk, just click on the Desktop

click on Finder in the menubar and then select Preferences> General and under

Show these items in the Desktop select Hard Disks.

Application folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.