You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Pro 5,1 won't sleep anymore

So my 5,1, which has been great for the past few years, has stopped going to sleep lately. When I hit sleep from the Apple menu, the monitor goes into Energy Saving mode, and....nothing else happens. So far, I've tried an SMC reset, unplugged everything except mouse, monitor and keyboard. I also checked Activity Monitor under Energy. And it said nothing was preventing sleep. And the Energy Saver preference has "Wake for network access" unchecked and "Put hard disks to sleep when possible" is checked.

I am running Mojave, latest version 10.14.6. The only software I've updated lately is a Firefox update to 76.0.1.

Any ideas??

Mac Pro, macOS 10.14

Posted on May 16, 2020 11:27 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 16, 2020 1:28 PM

Okay, I discovered the problem. There was an old print job in the queue. Once I cleared it, it was able to go back to sleep.

Similar questions

2 replies

Mac Pro 5,1 won't sleep anymore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.