You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 5s disabled due to wrong passcode

I forgot my passcode for my iphone 5s and now it is disabled

iPhone 6s, iOS 13

Posted on May 17, 2020 2:00 PM

7 replies

May 26, 2020 7:57 AM in response to tak48

Here are the instructions for the 5s from the previously posted link:

Remove the passcode on iPhone SE (1st generation), and iPhone 6s and earlier

1. Make sure that your iPhone isn't connected to your computer.
  2. Press and hold the Side (or Top) button until the power off slider appears. Drag the slider to turn off your iPhone. Then connect your iPhone to your computer while holding the Home button. Keep holding the Home button until you see the recovery mode screen.

3. If you backed up your iPhone, after you remove the passcode, restore your data and settings.

Restore your iPhone

1. Locate your iPhone on your computer.
  2. When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose Restore. The Finder or iTunes will download software for your iPhone. If it takes more than 15 minutes, your iPhone will exit recovery mode, and you'll need to select your iPhone model above and repeat the steps to remove the passcode.

3. Wait for the process to finish. Then set up and use your iPhone.

Still need help?

If you can't update or restore your iPhone using recovery mode, or you can't use recovery mode because of broken or stuck buttons, contact Apple Support. Then follow the steps to set up service for your iPhone.

Iphone 5s disabled due to wrong passcode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.