You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Prankster may have changed my 4 digit passcode

I'm 100% certain of my most recent iPhone 11 pro 4 digit passcode and the two prior codes used in chronological order. Any uncommon strategies for solving this dilemma other than updating and/or restoring. I have only a partial data backup in iCloud.

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 13

Posted on May 17, 2020 2:46 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 17, 2020 3:59 PM

sgcnostromo Said:

"Prankster may have changed my 4 digit passcode: I'm 100% certain of my most recent iPhone 11 pro 4 digit passcode and the two prior codes used in chronological order. Any uncommon strategies for solving this dilemma other than updating and/or restoring. I have only a partial data backup in iCloud."

-------

Modify your Credentials:

Having fell for a scam, security is of high concern here. So, maybe use a new phone number. But most certainly, consider performing the following:

• Modifying: your login credentials (New eMail and New Password)
  • Associating: a different method of payment to your account
  • Enabling: Two-factor authentication for Apple ID and all other accounts, that have such an option

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 17, 2020 3:59 PM in response to sgcnostromo

sgcnostromo Said:

"Prankster may have changed my 4 digit passcode: I'm 100% certain of my most recent iPhone 11 pro 4 digit passcode and the two prior codes used in chronological order. Any uncommon strategies for solving this dilemma other than updating and/or restoring. I have only a partial data backup in iCloud."

-------

Modify your Credentials:

Having fell for a scam, security is of high concern here. So, maybe use a new phone number. But most certainly, consider performing the following:

• Modifying: your login credentials (New eMail and New Password)
  • Associating: a different method of payment to your account
  • Enabling: Two-factor authentication for Apple ID and all other accounts, that have such an option

May 17, 2020 4:17 PM in response to sgcnostromo

"Prankster may have changed my 4 digit passcode: My very smart tech savvy nephew who is an incorrigible prankster had the means, motive, and opportunity; but says he didn't do it. If he, in fact, is the one, maybe he'll come clean before I have to restore it. The day is young. Thanks."

-------

Report this Prank to Apple:

Take a screenshot of this data, if you have his information - phone number and eMail and all. Then, forward it to Apple using: reportphishing@apple.com. Inform Apple of this in the main page of the eMail letting them know what this Is all about. Add these screenshots as attachments.

Go Here:

May 17, 2020 2:49 PM in response to sgcnostromo

The only way that a prankster could have changed your code was to have possession of your device, and know your current passcode at the time to be able to get into your device, unlock that setting, and then enter the new passcode, twice. If you cannot get into your phone, you will need to restore it. See the instructions here, If you forgot the passcode on your iPhone, or your iPhone is disabled - Apple Support

Prankster may have changed my 4 digit passcode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.