You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't preview - listen to the 30secs song in itunes store

Why can't I listen to the preview of a song in the itunes store? We used to be able to preview before buying but not able to play or hear anything now. It comes asking to subscribing to the Apple music which I don't want to do. When I hit the play button on the song it comes up as a stop play sign as if I've heard the preview. I have catalina 10.15.4 on my Macbook Pro.

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on May 17, 2020 10:16 PM

2 replies

May 18, 2020 12:06 PM in response to teknicall

Hello teknicall,

I see you are currently unable to preview any songs in the iTunes Store. When you try to play the preview it asks you to subscribe to Apple Music. I suggest you try the following:

1. You may be using the "Browse" option in Music rather than the "iTunes Store" section. If you don't see the iTunes Store in the sidebar, follow these steps:

• In the menu bar, choose Music > Preferences.
  • Go to the General tab and select iTunes Store.
  • Click OK.

You can find this information in the following article: Add and download music from Apple Music or buy music from the iTunes Store

2.If the issue continues, quit the Music app and restart your computer

3.Verify that you are running the latest version of Music. You can check which version you have by clicking Music>About Music in the menu bar at the top of your computer. The current version of Music is 1.0.4.104. Update the application if you do not have the latest version and try playing the preview again.

I hope this is helpful!

Cheers!

Can't preview - listen to the 30secs song in itunes store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.