You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dark mode

Sometimes the dark mode on my won’t turn on even though I set the dark mode to sunset to sunrise and automatically turned on.

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on May 19, 2020 10:17 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 20, 2020 6:54 AM

Hey aigang,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! I understand Dark Mode isn't working as expected on your iPhone. I am happy to provide some information to help.

If you haven't already done so, let's go to Settings > Display & Brightness > Turn Automatic off. Then, restart your iPhone and enable Dark Mode once more to test if the issue continues. Restart is a simple step that can resolve a variety of issues.

Restart your iPhone

Also, ensure that your Time Zone is set correctly on your device. This will make sure that Dark Mode isn't working off a different Time Zone, with a different sunset time. You can check that in Settings > General > Date & Time. If that's incorrect, and you need help changing it, see: If you can't change the time or time zone on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Lastly, you may want to update your iOS if there is an update available. You can see how to do that here: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Thanks again, and have a great day!

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 20, 2020 6:54 AM in response to aigang

Hey aigang,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! I understand Dark Mode isn't working as expected on your iPhone. I am happy to provide some information to help.

If you haven't already done so, let's go to Settings > Display & Brightness > Turn Automatic off. Then, restart your iPhone and enable Dark Mode once more to test if the issue continues. Restart is a simple step that can resolve a variety of issues.

Restart your iPhone

Also, ensure that your Time Zone is set correctly on your device. This will make sure that Dark Mode isn't working off a different Time Zone, with a different sunset time. You can check that in Settings > General > Date & Time. If that's incorrect, and you need help changing it, see: If you can't change the time or time zone on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Lastly, you may want to update your iOS if there is an update available. You can see how to do that here: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Thanks again, and have a great day!

Dark mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.