You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

changes styles in Mail

how do you do it? I want to increase my line spacing. Can't seem to figure it out...

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.15

Posted on May 19, 2020 4:09 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 19, 2020 5:47 PM

Mail isn't a text editor. It doesn't have that capability. And, there is no way to force your recipient's email client to display the added white space if you could manage to do it.

If you need to send a message with a specific format for the recipient to see, send a PDF.

3 replies

May 19, 2020 6:39 PM in response to designsamurai

There's no implication that a "style" would contain line spacing. For myself, the Styles… command is disabled. Not sure that it even handles styles in any way. Might be a leftover from a previous version.

Is "Styles…" active for you? TextEdit has a similar command, but it opens a dialog where you can apply a style.

I tried creating styles in TextEdit, but that didn't change anything in Mail.

changes styles in Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.