You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Strange process repeating in system.log - possibly from CleanMyMac

My 12" MacBook has been running slower than expected for a while now - safari, login and opening apps are all very slow. The frustration finally got the better of me today and I finally sat down to try and work out why this was. I have CleanMyMacX so I removed a bunch of unnecessary files and uninstalled some apps to try and free up some disk space, but that didn't solve the problem. I then went into system.log on Console and this message pops up every few seconds:

May 21 22:23:06 Millies-MacBook com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.macpaw.CleanMyMac4.HealthMonitor[6548]): LaunchServices returned a bundle URL that does not match with the LoginItem's known association.

May 21 22:23:06 Millies-MacBook com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.macpaw.CleanMyMac4.HealthMonitor[6548]): Service exited with abnormal code: 78

May 21 22:23:06 Millies-MacBook com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.macpaw.CleanMyMac4.HealthMonitor): Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 10 seconds.

Does anyone have any idea what this process is and how I can kill it? I'm not sure if it's the reason my MacBook is slow, but if it's an unnecessary process I'd like it to stop running.

Thanks in advance :)

Posted on May 21, 2020 2:31 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

May 21, 2020 3:28 PM in response to xmilliex

Oh gosh, xmilliex

you don't really need CleanMyMacX, at ALL. Anything, any application/program that claims to clean your mac (from junk, or whatever) usually causes more problems than it solves. Same too, with Kaspersky or McAfee. I'd suggest you get a copy of MalwareBytes, which is a trusted program good for removing malware. If you want to stop the process for now, try running Activity Monitor, which should be in the Utilities folder. To remove CleanMyMacX, here's how: (it's a link)

https://cleanmymac.com/how-to-uninstall-cleanmymac

anyways, just my opinion

jb

May 21, 2020 4:25 PM in response to Johnb-one

Hi jb,

I have MalwareBytes in addition to CleanMyMacX. I only really got CleanMyMacX because I had over 10,000 junk files left behind from previously uninstalled apps (Adobe CC, games etc) and trying to delete them through Finder was making my MacBook lag and lock up. I run full scans with MalwareBytes periodically and there's no malware on my MacBook thankfully.

I ran Activity Monitor earlier today as I wanted to see if something was using a lot of my CPU up, but the process doesn't seem to show in there. The thing using the most CPU is kernel_task, so I ran kextstat in Terminal and all but two of the processes were from an Apple source. One of the other processes was MalwareBytes and the other was an app that I do want installed and isn't using much CPU anyway.

I'm totally stumped as to what the process could be or how to kill it.

Millie

Strange process repeating in system.log - possibly from CleanMyMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.