You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Touch bar problem with bootcamp windows 10 insider 2004

Hi,

I am using bootcamp on a macbook pro 16'' with Windows 10 beta 2004 (with windows insider program) and I have a strange behaviour with the touch bar.

When I touch a button to change the sound or the brightness for example, it is like I touch a function button (F1, F2, etc...). For example, if I touch the sound up button, the reaction is F12 button.

I am not totally sure that the problem comes from Windows 10 2004, but the behaviour of the touch bar was correct a few days ago, and the only thing I have changed is to upgrade Windows 10 to 2004 version.

If somebody has an idea...

MacBook Pro 16", macOS 10.15

Posted on May 21, 2020 3:12 PM

Similar questions

8 replies

May 21, 2020 4:56 PM in response to Loner T

By default, the Touch Bar displays the special functions (brightness, sound, etc...).

If I press the fn key, the Touch Bar displays the function keys (F1, F2, etc...).

The problem is (for example): the behavior of sound up (last button on the Touch Bar) is the same as fn (to display Fx keys) and F12 = behavior of F12 key.

If I change the option in bootcamp to revert the default display (Fx by default), there is the same problem: the behavior of F12 is the same as fn (to display special functions buttons) and sound up = behavior of F12.

May 21, 2020 3:46 PM in response to Loner T

Yes, I know for the beta, it is not a big problem because this is not my main windows installation, it is for testing purposes and to have some specific windows programs on my macbook pro...

In fact, as I am not sure that the cause of the problem is windows 10 2004, I wanted to know if someone has the same problem on a previous windows version...

I have a keyboard tab in bootcamp. There is an option to reverse the behaviour of the touch bar and the fn key (function keys or special functions by default). I have tested the 2 options, but there is the same problem in both cases.

May 22, 2020 12:27 AM in response to _bax_

Hi _bax_,

If you a MacBook Pro 16", I would suggest you use Parallels Desktop for installing windows. By using bootcamp and running windows, you are defeating the purpose of having a Mac.

However, to address your problem, try pressing the fn key or Shft + fn to adjust the brightness

This problem could be unique to the version of Windows that you are using. You could install a different version of windows and check if the same problem exists.

Touch bar problem with bootcamp windows 10 insider 2004

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.