You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Have MacOSCatalina Version 10.15.4 Need help numbers and the microphone icon to be removed

I Was either messing with something in the accessibility and/or voice control section of System preferences, because my voice control to type words when I am in Microsoft Word wasn't working properly, when I am preparing a word document or essay I like to use my voice control, but for some reason, I mess with something totally different, and now every time I right-click those numbers on the side will appear near the tab and won't go away, and the Microphone icon won't disappear at all, even when I restart my computer, can someone please help me find a way to remove this. Thank you!

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on May 23, 2020 4:39 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 25, 2020 4:33 AM

Those come with Voice Control. If you don't want the numbers, you cannot use Voice Control.

Accessibility System Preferences > Voice Control. Uncheck Enable Voice Control.

Your description sounds like you just want Dictation. That does not require Voice Control which is for sending commands via voice, not for dictation.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 25, 2020 4:33 AM in response to brandie7654

Those come with Voice Control. If you don't want the numbers, you cannot use Voice Control.

Accessibility System Preferences > Voice Control. Uncheck Enable Voice Control.

Your description sounds like you just want Dictation. That does not require Voice Control which is for sending commands via voice, not for dictation.

Have MacOSCatalina Version 10.15.4 Need help numbers and the microphone icon to be removed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.