You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App store missing in Apple TV on new LG tv

I just purchased a new LG thinQ TV which has Apple TV on it. I am unable to locate the apple app store within apple tv so I can download the Gaia app to watch on the LG tv. Can anyone help with this?

Posted on May 24, 2020 8:46 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 24, 2020 12:20 PM

The Apple TV app on smart TVs is not a full replacement of the Apple TV set-top box. You will need that latter to use Apple App Store apps. If the LG Content Store doesn’t offer that app, then you will need to attach an HMDI device that does offer that app, such as the Apple TV box.

3 replies

May 24, 2020 12:18 PM in response to Tamgl

Your TV has access to the Apple TV app, which lets you access your previous iTunes TV show and movie purchases as well as rentals. It also lets you subscribe to Apple TV Channels. You don't get access to their app store, which is only available on the Apple TV Hardware, which has content specifically developed for that platform. You would only have access to the app store that is on your LG TV, which is where you downloaded the Apple TV app. You would need to search there for further apps.

App store missing in Apple TV on new LG tv

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.