You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

updating Iphone 6s

my phone needs to be upgraded so i can downlaod apps games etc and i cant beacause it says i need to upgrade

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 9

Posted on May 24, 2020 12:37 PM

2 replies

Jun 10, 2020 6:36 PM in response to QuickTimeKirk

You are not able to update iPhone 6s on Wi-Fi. Under the software update tab a message appears that says "The version of iOS running on your iPhone does not support wirelessly updating to this version of iOS. Please connect your device to iTunes on a computer to update to the latest software". It then has a link for more information on how to do this https://support.apple.com/HT204204. Unfortunately that link does not work so I have no idea how to do this. Since the link doesn't work and apple's support page has no information on this topic other than paging through these community pages, I have no idea how to do this. I don't have iTunes on my computer or even an iTunes account. I can't even connect my phone to my computer without a special adapter. Am I basically SOL?

updating Iphone 6s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.