You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After many failed attempts to pair my Apple remote to my Apple TV I’m just done...what do I do now???

My Apple remote will not pair to the Apple TV, it unpaired itself now it won’t pair again

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 13

Posted on May 26, 2020 12:55 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 26, 2020 1:36 AM

Siri Remote or Apple TV Remote*

1. Press Menu or Apple TV App/Home  on your remote to check if your Apple TV is asleep.
  2. Try to pair your remote again. Point your remote three inches away from your Apple TV. Then press and hold your remote's Menu and Volume Up buttons for five seconds. If asked, place your remote on top of Apple TV to complete pairing.
  3. If your remote isn't scrolling as expected, you might have turned Accessibility features on. Go to Settings > General > Accessibility and check your settings. 
  4. If you have an Apple Remote (aluminum or white), try it instead of your Siri Remote. Or, if you already set up your Apple TV, you can use the Apple TV Remote in Control Center for iOS or iPadOS to control your Apple TV.

If you still need help, contact Apple Support.

If your Apple TV remote isn’t working - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 26, 2020 1:36 AM in response to darnell180

Siri Remote or Apple TV Remote*

1. Press Menu or Apple TV App/Home  on your remote to check if your Apple TV is asleep.
  2. Try to pair your remote again. Point your remote three inches away from your Apple TV. Then press and hold your remote's Menu and Volume Up buttons for five seconds. If asked, place your remote on top of Apple TV to complete pairing.
  3. If your remote isn't scrolling as expected, you might have turned Accessibility features on. Go to Settings > General > Accessibility and check your settings. 
  4. If you have an Apple Remote (aluminum or white), try it instead of your Siri Remote. Or, if you already set up your Apple TV, you can use the Apple TV Remote in Control Center for iOS or iPadOS to control your Apple TV.

If you still need help, contact Apple Support.

If your Apple TV remote isn’t working - Apple Support

May 26, 2020 1:45 AM in response to darnell180

darnell180 Said:

"After many failed attempts to pair my Apple remote to my Apple TV I’m just done...what do I do now???: My Apple remote will not pair to the Apple TV, it unpaired itself now it won’t pair again"

-------

Perhaps this is a Faulty Device?

If purchased from Apple, see if you can have it swapped out. It might be that simple.

Go Here:

After many failed attempts to pair my Apple remote to my Apple TV I’m just done...what do I do now???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.