You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iMac cannot see my printer at all

My iMac cannot see Canon-printer since one week ago. It has always been working well until one week ago. Even with a USB-cable he didn't see that printer.

Our iPhone/iPad/MacBook can see the printer well, only iMac cannot!

The printer is connected at the same network/wifi as iMac/iPhone/iPad/MacBook.

The firmware of the printer is the latest, so is the version of my iMac (macOS 10.15.4).

I already removed all the files on /bibliotheek/printer/ and wanted to add a new printer. He didn't see any printer.

I downloaded the printer driver from Canon-website and tried to add a new printer, but iMac still doesn't see any printer.

I contacted Canon but because iPhone/iPad/MacBook see printer well, they cannot help me. They said I must contact Apple so I try by this way.

I hope you can help me to solve this issue!

Posted on May 26, 2020 1:43 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 27, 2020 2:39 PM

Hold down the Option key and in the  menu select System Information. In the SI window select Installations in the sidebar. You can sort the installations by Install Date to find those around the date you're looking for.

Similar questions

10 replies

May 30, 2020 2:03 PM in response to kuifje_007

Don't contact MacAfee except to get a refund. It's a total worthless app for Macs. There are no known viruses for Macs and MacAfee is not designed to effectively search for adware or malware. It just sits there and uses up system resources. Go a Google search for how to uninstall the MacAfee software.

Also If you're behind a router you don't need to activate the Firewall. The router does an excellent job of preventing access to your Mac.

My iMac cannot see my printer at all

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.