You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I stay signed in on desktop Mac?

Keep being requested to enter password.

Desktop computer doesn't leave the house (in a reasonably safe residential area); it doesn't need to hide instead of merely sleeping or screen-saving. After hard-drive erase & recovery, I have had to re-enter computer log-in password repeatedly.

Where is a Mac security feature that is customizable, like sign-in options for phone?

(Was originally automatic. Then, thought I'd found it before erase & recover. Now can't.)

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 26, 2020 9:22 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 26, 2020 9:29 AM

This is the default behavior of the OS which you can change using System Preferences under the Apple Menu at the top left of your screen, or your Dock. just set the preferences to not require your password after sleep or screen saver...

4 replies

May 26, 2020 9:24 AM in response to MidwestFogy

You can help us by posting an EtreCheck report of your sysstem, that way we do not need to play 20 questions. Mac Security preferences are in the System Preference app.

Please navigate to the Mac App Store and download the free version of EtreCheck OR please click www.EtreCheck.com where you will find the app. Once you downloaded the free app and created the report please post it as your reply to this message. In order to post it, please use the following link for more detailed instructions on how to correctly include the results: 

https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-250000211

We can then look for obvious issues that may be causing your problem.

How do I stay signed in on desktop Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.