You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Playlists won't sync after turning on Apple Music

I have playlists on my iTunes that I used to sync with my iPhone but after signing up for Apple Music they have disappeared from my phone. I usually sync them by choosing which playlists to add to my phone. the playlists are self recorded speaks, music I have bought previously, Mp3's I've bought from coaches etc.

Posted on May 28, 2020 2:08 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 28, 2020 2:18 AM

With the latest version of iOS, iPadOS, and macOS, Sync Library is turned on by default. If it is turned on you cannot sync MP3 from Computer /Mac to iPhone

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1. Go to Settings > Music.
  2. Turn OFF Sync Library. If you don't subscribe to Apple Music or iTunes Match, you won’t see an option to turn on / off Sync Library.

If Sync Library is updating or turned off, you'll see a message at the top of the Library tab in the Apple Music app.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 28, 2020 2:18 AM in response to gpiil

With the latest version of iOS, iPadOS, and macOS, Sync Library is turned on by default. If it is turned on you cannot sync MP3 from Computer /Mac to iPhone

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1. Go to Settings > Music.
  2. Turn OFF Sync Library. If you don't subscribe to Apple Music or iTunes Match, you won’t see an option to turn on / off Sync Library.

If Sync Library is updating or turned off, you'll see a message at the top of the Library tab in the Apple Music app.

May 28, 2020 2:19 AM in response to gpiil

• Mac Book Air Retina 13" macOS Catalina
  • iPhone SE with iOS 13.5 :- Does not use iCloud Library
  • iPhone 6 with iOS 12.4.7 :- uses iCloud Music Library

This is a two Step Process (To sync music from this computer, turn off Cloud Music Library)

1. Apple Music: Import music (MP3) to Apple Music Library on Mac
  2. Finder: Sync between Apple Music on Mac and iPhone

Watch the GIF for complete process

To sync music from this computer, turn off Cloud Music Library.

Watch the same GIF as a QT movie file uploaded by me on YouTube:- Transfer MP3 Music from Mac (Catalina) to iPhone (iOS13.3)

Playlists won't sync after turning on Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.