You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why won’t My phone update

My phone won’t take any new updates

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 11

Posted on May 28, 2020 8:02 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 28, 2020 8:46 PM

Hello,

Hope all is well. There can be a few reasons to why it won't update; lack of space on the iPhone (not iCloud) and the age of your phone. Before you attempt to do any sort of update, please back up/save your information anyway you know how to. My personal preference is iCloud; it's safe, secure, and user friendly. However, this is not your only option, I encourage you to browse the web for an array of options and best suitable for your needs.

Back to your concern, one possibility is iPhone storage. To check for this on you iPhone go to; Settings>General>iPhone Storage and review the recommendations accordingly. If you are at full storage, then proceed with deleting some items based on the recommendations. If storage is not the issue, then investigate which iPhone model is yours and wha the latest software it can reach/support/be installed.

Now, if none of the above seem to resolve your concern, then you'll need to do a hard-wire update. Contingent, that your iPhone is capable of doing so. A hard wire update will require a Mac with compatible iTunes or a PC with iTunes. Now this process is tedious, so I'll recommend you get some guidance with Apple Support.

Hope this helps.

Best,

Neli

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 28, 2020 8:46 PM in response to Khia223

Hello,

Hope all is well. There can be a few reasons to why it won't update; lack of space on the iPhone (not iCloud) and the age of your phone. Before you attempt to do any sort of update, please back up/save your information anyway you know how to. My personal preference is iCloud; it's safe, secure, and user friendly. However, this is not your only option, I encourage you to browse the web for an array of options and best suitable for your needs.

Back to your concern, one possibility is iPhone storage. To check for this on you iPhone go to; Settings>General>iPhone Storage and review the recommendations accordingly. If you are at full storage, then proceed with deleting some items based on the recommendations. If storage is not the issue, then investigate which iPhone model is yours and wha the latest software it can reach/support/be installed.

Now, if none of the above seem to resolve your concern, then you'll need to do a hard-wire update. Contingent, that your iPhone is capable of doing so. A hard wire update will require a Mac with compatible iTunes or a PC with iTunes. Now this process is tedious, so I'll recommend you get some guidance with Apple Support.

Hope this helps.

Best,

Neli

Why won’t My phone update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.