You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there anyway to use an iPod Shuffle anymore?

I'm trying to introduce my kids to music with an inexpensive solution that I won't mind them breaking or losing. I have two iPod Shuffles that I'm trying to sync a playlist to, but there doesn't seem to be a way to sync them anymore. I know the iPod Shuffle has long been discontinued and I know iTunes is discontinued.

I know Apple Music doesn't work with iPod Shuffle and that iTunes does, but iTunes only works with older iOS versions. I understand iTunes works with Windows devices still. Can I only sync an iPod Shuffle using a windows device?

Is there anyway to continue using an iPod Shuffle or is just a cool looking USB thumb drive now?

Posted on May 29, 2020 1:49 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 29, 2020 1:53 PM

Hello,

iPod shuffle still functions the same as it did when it was first introduced. You are able to purchase songs from the iTunes Store (or from ripped CDs) and synchronize them to your iPod. This can be done using iTunes on a Windows PC and an older Macintosh or a modern Macintosh running macOS 10.15 (using the Finder).

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 29, 2020 1:53 PM in response to Tony_Turretto

Hello,

iPod shuffle still functions the same as it did when it was first introduced. You are able to purchase songs from the iTunes Store (or from ripped CDs) and synchronize them to your iPod. This can be done using iTunes on a Windows PC and an older Macintosh or a modern Macintosh running macOS 10.15 (using the Finder).

Is there anyway to use an iPod Shuffle anymore?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.