You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail stuck on Moving Messages and not syncing with iCloud

I have seen similar threads that have issues with Gmail or Exchange, but mine is with my iCloud mail and occurred after the last incremental update before 10.15.5 (19F96).

My mail on my phone or on iCloud.com functions as it should deleting, moving, etc. my email.

The changes are immediately then made to the same email in Mail.

However, any manipulations to email in Mail do not get synchronized with iCloud.com or my phone.

Mail keeps consistently show "Moving Messages" x of y (of some number for x & y).

I have tried everything that I could think of short of chanting over it with a chicken's foot... HALP!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 29, 2020 5:23 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2020 8:06 AM

wdwbock,

If you're using email providers other than iCloud, you still need to follow the steps provided above to remove the accounts and re-add them. This will cause the emails to be removed from the computer and then have a fresh copy redownloaded from their servers which may solve the "moving messages" issue.

Let us know how that goes.

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 2, 2020 8:06 AM in response to wdwbock

wdwbock,

If you're using email providers other than iCloud, you still need to follow the steps provided above to remove the accounts and re-add them. This will cause the emails to be removed from the computer and then have a fresh copy redownloaded from their servers which may solve the "moving messages" issue.

Let us know how that goes.

Jun 1, 2020 10:31 PM in response to CarlAVII

@PsyDye

I unchecked the Mail under my iCloud Internet Account

The "moving messages" disappeared when my email did...

I then quit Mail, re-opened Mail, and checked the Mail tab under my iCloud Internet Account.

My mail reappeared, but so did the "moving messages".

Were my steps incorrect or is there something else to try?

Jun 2, 2020 10:20 AM in response to MoonJ.

@MoonJ.

Thank you. I first tried it by unchecking all accounts and it didn't work the first time around, but the second time, I unchecked them all and then quit Mail...looks like the extra step of quitting Mail did it?! It probably doesn't matter, but for anyone with the same issue, I will also mention that after re-opening Mail, I first started with iCloud in the rechecking sequence...

Mail stuck on Moving Messages and not syncing with iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.