You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

questions about changing logins

I just purchased a new macbook with all the bells and whistles. I just don't love it. Rather than flush thousands of dollars down the toilet,

I have decided to give it to one of my daughters. I would like to change the login info to something easier for them, and not associate my apple ID anymore. however, I do have 3rd party software (word) that is for one computer only and don't want to have to purchase again.

Is there a way to change the login ID for the mac and disassociate my apple ID, delete my stuff without doing a complete erase?

since its being transferred within the family, I don't have security concerns.

MacBook Pro 13”, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 30, 2020 10:05 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 30, 2020 10:58 AM

You should reset the MBP to factory settings according to this Apple document: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac - Apple Support

1 reply

questions about changing logins

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.