You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way to disable the row of on screen buttons from popping up when you type using hardware keyboard w/ iPad Pro 2020.

I am using the iPad Pro 2020 with the Smart Keyboard Folio case, running iPad OS 13.5... I get this on screen row which contains word suggestions/buttons etc every time I type with the keyboard folio. I know how to dismiss it, but it pops back up as soon as I press the keyboard; Is there a way to disable that behaviour in the settings by chance?

The row I am referring to is the one that the big blue arrow is pointing towards.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 13

Posted on Jun 1, 2020 12:08 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2020 9:10 AM

Hello,

Under Settings > General > Keyboard > Disable Shortcuts

3 replies

Is there a way to disable the row of on screen buttons from popping up when you type using hardware keyboard w/ iPad Pro 2020.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.