You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone XS max rebooting after ios 13.5.1 upgrade

is there a remedy for an iphone XS Max which started rebooting in some frequency, after updating the iOS to 13.5.1 today

Posted on Jun 3, 2020 4:43 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2020 5:42 AM

1. Restart the device. That's it.
  2. Still not solved --> Force restart iPhone - Apple Support
  3. Follow the Apple article to resolve the issue --> If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen ...

8 replies

Jun 15, 2020 5:42 PM in response to SravanKrA

@Adam4515 - are you still having the same problem?

I started having a rebooting issue starting with 13.5; 13.5.1 made the problems more mild and has made my device somewhat more usable. The main thing causing my phone to reboot is when it autolocks. When the phone detects me nearby and the screen lights up, the phone reboots. My remedy is going into settings display & brightness > autolock off

Try to observe other things that consistently crash the phone. (I also have problems when I use messages and when I make or receive phone calls from non-iPhones.

I have not found a remedy for all of my problems - I'm hoping these all go away with the next IOS update.

Jul 21, 2020 9:58 AM in response to Davehimself7586

If you can get your device running long enough, get on a call with apple

supoort and ask if they can run a remote diagnostic. They’ll be able to tell you if there’s a hardware failure and what part is causing the issue.

That should give you some insight if you want to bring it to a local repair shop that could swap out the part.

Alternatively, most credit cards have built in extended warranty policies. My VISA, it doubles warranty coverage Up to a year so long as all payments have been on the card. They’ll cover it with no deductible.

Another option I explored was getting on a multi-device insurance plan with a carrier. You’ll need 1 phone that’s still under warranty and it provides coverage for other phones you own. There is a deductible for

replacement with most of these types of plans but it’s probably better than buying a new phone.

iphone XS max rebooting after ios 13.5.1 upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.