You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

magic mouse 1 not scrolling, right click needs CTRL button pressed on Catalina

on macOS Catalina version 10.15.5 MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2019, Four Thunderbolt 3 ports), can't make Magic Mouse 1 to scroll and right click requires to press control button to work

tried all possible diagnostics (i.e. reset Bluetooth, rest mouse to factory setting, reset SMC, reset PRAM/NVRAM, enable scrolling in via accessibility options, with and without inertia, gestures properly set-up, restarted a couple of times, removed all other bluetooth devices) but to no avail.

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Jun 3, 2020 8:20 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Jul 7, 2020 5:09 AM in response to reacher196

I've just had this hit me this morning on the same Macbook Pro as yourself.

Restarted it twice, first time it worked ok for about another 2 hours and now it's a non scroller again. However it was scrolling the webpage I was on all by itself at one point!

Had the mouse since about 2011, so part of me is thinking it's on it's way out?

Any news on how to rescue it would be great

magic mouse 1 not scrolling, right click needs CTRL button pressed on Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.