You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

force to send SMS as imessage to 1 particular contact

Hello,

one on my contacts has iPhone for a long time. His number is stored as iPhone in my contacts. however all the messages are sent as Text message (green). I want to change sending like iMessage (blue).

i've got no problems with the imessaging to the other contacts.

how can i force sending to this particular contact?

thank you for your help

ondrej

iPad Air 2, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 4, 2020 11:57 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 5, 2020 12:26 AM

Contact the person to whom you are wanting to send iMessage. Ask them whether they have de-registered their phone number from iMessage.

Are you sending it over WiFi or Cellular?

For your Internet connection.

• Over Cellular: contact your Carrier (Cellular Service Provider). The agency who issued the SIM to you
  • Over WiFI: Contact your ISP (Internet Service Provider), the agency who provided the Internet Service on your Modem/Router to you

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 5, 2020 12:26 AM in response to ondranen

Contact the person to whom you are wanting to send iMessage. Ask them whether they have de-registered their phone number from iMessage.

Are you sending it over WiFi or Cellular?

For your Internet connection.

• Over Cellular: contact your Carrier (Cellular Service Provider). The agency who issued the SIM to you
  • Over WiFI: Contact your ISP (Internet Service Provider), the agency who provided the Internet Service on your Modem/Router to you

force to send SMS as imessage to 1 particular contact

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.